RADSAFE is a private company limited by guarantee that offers mutual assistance in the event of a transport accident involving radioactive materials belonging to a RADSAFE member.
RADSAFE Awareness Training Course
The RADSAFE Awareness Training Course is intended for those professionals whose duties may encompass planning for, or responding to, transport radiation emergencies. The course is managed and presented by radiation topic specialists from Public Health England (PHE), contracted on behalf of RADSAFE. The course is free of charge, including venue and refreshments. Any travel or subsistence associated with attending this course must be met by the trainee.
RADSAFE Awareness Training Course outline
- Fundamentals of radiation protection
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Overview of transport arrangements
- RADSAFE arrangements
- National Arrangements for Incidents involving Radioactivity (NAIR)
- Desktop and practical exercises
RADSAFE Responders Training Course
The RADSAFE Responders Training Course is aimed specifically at those employees of RADSAFE organisations who act as RADSAFE Responders.
Its aim is to provide an interactive learning situation to enhance RADSAFE Responders support to the emergency services during a RADSAFE incident.
Objectives of the RADSAFE Responder Training Course
- To reinforce the understanding of RADSAFE
- To expose the RADSAFE Responders to "incident" situations to improve their situational awareness
- To provide an incident simulation to allow the RADSAFE Responders to practice their skills
- To provide an understanding of an incident response structure
- To assess their knowledge
For dates and booking details see the PHE Radiation Services Website
Phone for enquiries
09:00hrs - 17:00hrs
Monday to Friday
(this is not the emergency line)